Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Changes in Body, Mind and Soul

Sheel:
Ok. We all want to know the changes you've seen in your own little body. Educate us (not that I'm even thinking of giving up cow - just curious what's going on in there!!)

Tabitha:
If you saw cows literally standing in 2 feet of manure eating corn from a trough you may think twice about eating the meat of that animal, but no one sees that. It's easy to disconnect when you see a nice steak perfectly cut and wrapped in a clean tray. No one thinks about the animal or the mishandling of that meat during the processing. We think we need steak sauce, right? After researching and watching so many of these documentaries I have only had meat about 3 times in the past three weeks. That's counting the single bite of chicken sausage, one filet of fish and I had some bacon when we had breakfast with friends. I am so tempted to post these images on my blog, but I don't want to be too extreme...yet. I guess more than anything I don't want to support the treatment of these animals and I don't want my family to get sick from the diseases they carry. If you have to cook a chicken until it's cooked completely through so you don't get salmonella, I don't think it's a food choice worth eating. No one would eat raw chicken! So my thinking is why would I want to even eat it cooked?

I have seen a lot of body changes since the change in my diet. In January I was 126 lbs with 25% body fat, then went to 122 with 22% body fat and the last time I checked at the gym I was 118 lbs 19% body fat. I know I weigh 116 now. I haven't checked my BMI since the raw food thing so I want to check soon. I like seeing the physical changes, it's the most rewarding part. My belly is tighter and flatter so I think I have lost a little more body fat. For once in my life I would like to see real abs and they are starting to really come through. My skin is clearer and I definitely feel better. I was so tired in the afternoons that I was skipping the gym and just feeling blah. Now I feel so much lighter and have more energy. I feel happier about the food choices I am making too.

That's why I am doing the blog. I want to educate people on food and making better choices. I don't think people realize what they are eating. I don't want to convert or judge anyone for not being like me. I just want to give people some tools so they can be healthier. I feel like I am a spy letting the people know what they are hiding from us. Like if you have to go to Burger King, get the Whopper Jr. w/o Mayo for 260 calories and drink water. Don't get the Double Whopper with 960 calories. That's about half of my daily calories not even counting the fries and soda.

I am standing in line at Wendy's to get a salad and the 8 year old kid in front of me weighs 20 lbs more than me and it makes me angry and sad. He probably eats that crap all the time and it's killing him. I guess more than anything it hurts me to see children suffer and these mothers who consistently get fast food for their children. I couldn't believe how much sodium is listed in these children's meals at restaurants. I have been researching this stuff forever, I am just now talking about it publicly. My ultimate goal is to expose all this to my family and friends so they will expose their friends and family and on and on.

Hmm..looks like it's time for an article on sodium.

No comments:

Post a Comment