Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Raw Food Detox Diet- Sushi Recipe

Veggie Sushi
2-3 cucumbers- sliced long and thin on a mandolin
1 avocado sliced
1 carrot, cut in sticks
alphalfa sprouts

Peanut Sauce
Measurements will be posted soon.



It was quite a bit of prep work cutting all the veggies, but all in all it took about as much time as making a regular cooked meal. The best part was I didn''t heat the house with the oven and I didn't have to watch a pot. I think it would be faster the second time when I knew what I was doing. In fact I am going to make these tonight since they were such a hit with my family.

I used cucumbers and zucchini as my wrap and filled with red peppers, alfalfa sprouts, carrots and avocado. Cucumbers were easier to work with and tasted MUCH better.


All assembled!



Time to make peanut sauce.



My failed attempt at being fancy.

No comments:

Post a Comment